In celebration of National Cookie Month during the month of October, the Famous 4th Street Cookie Company is hosting a baking contest in partnership with the Reading Terminal Market. Enter your best cookie recipe for a chance to have YOUR cookie be our next Famous cookie!
You’ll also have a chance to win a $500 Reading Terminal Market gift card, Reading Terminal and Famous 4th Street swag, and most importantly – bragging rights! The winning cookie will be featured as our new Famous cookie to be launched in 2022 and sold nationwide.
Enter Your Recipe by: October 8, 2021
Semi-Finals: October 13– 19, 2021
Final Competition: October 29, 2021 at the Reading Terminal Market Philadelphia, PA
Official Schedule with Deadlines
October 8, 2021, 6 p.m.: Submit your entry according to official competition rules. See “Contest Rules” below for more info.
October 12, 2021, 5 p.m.: Contestants will be notified of advancement to semi-finalist round by 5 p.m. on October 12, 2021. Detailed instructions regarding the semi-final competition will be provided.
October 19, 2021, 6 p.m.: Semi-finalists must submit their baked product along with a 1-minute video about their cookie and inspiration behind it to the Famous 4th Street Cookie Company Booth in the Reading Terminal Market.
October 20, 2021: Famous “Tastemaker’s Judging Panel” made up of local Philadelphia influencers will determine three Famous Finalists to proceed to the final round on October 29th. Contestants will not be present for the judging.
October 29, 2021 at 10:30 a.m.: Three Famous Finalists will compete in a bake off at the Reading Terminal Market in the City Kitchen. Ingredients and tools will be provided by the Famous 4th Street Cookie Company and the Reading Terminal Market. One finalist will be announced as the winner on site. The winning cookie will be featured as the inspiration for The Famous 4th Street
- Contestants must be legal residents of the United States.
- Individual contestants must be 18 years of age or older. No teams allowed due to spacing issues.
- Video and recipe entries will become property of The Famous 4th Street Cookie Company upon submission.
- Entries must be complete and submitted by contest deadlines to be considered eligible. Late and incomplete submissions will not be considered for the semi-final and final rounds.
- Contestants must be able to attend the final in-person event in Philadelphia on October 29, 2021 at 10:30 a.m. Stand-ins and other representatives are not permitted.
- Contestants are responsible for all travel expenses to and from Reading Terminal Market.
- Contestants must act in compliance with Reading Terminal Market’s COVID-19 policies.
- Round 1: Call for Entries
- To enter the contest, contestants must submit their cookie recipe, a photo of cookie, a photo of the contestant, and contact information via this form (also located at the bottom of this page) no later than October 8th, 2021, at 6 p.m.
- Contestants may also drop off typed/printed contest entries in person at The Famous 4th Street Cookie Company Booth located at the Reading Terminal Market, 51 North 12th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107.
- Recipes must be submitted in English and include the contestant registration required information listed above.
- Recipes must be the contestant’s original entry and never have been published.
- Round 2: Semi-Final Round
- Baked cookie submission and 1-minute video are required for Semi-Final round participation and are due no later than October 19th, 2021 at 6 p.m.
- 1-minute video must be recorded with iPhone or other smartphone device and emailed to [email protected]
- Required video elements:
- Contestants must wear their Famous 4th Street Cookie Company T-shirt (provided by Famous 4th Street Cookie Company)
- Video must tell story of product development. Details of the entire cookie making process are not required. Contestants are advised to share the inspiration behind their recipe and any challenges or obstacles they’ve overcome in the baking process.
- Finished product should be featured in the closing shot and contestants should state, “Be the Inspiration! Be FAMOUS!”
- Contestants should submit 3 dozen baked cookies, with printed physical copy of the recipe. Entries should also include contestant name and contact information.
- Round 3: Final Round
- Three finalists will participate in a live event at the Reading Terminal Market for the Final Cookie Baking Competition on October 29, 2021.
- The winner will be determined using a points system. Points are awarded by judges at the final competition. Recipes and submitted cookies will be judged based on the following criteria: Taste, Appearance, Creativity, and Overall Impression.
Recipes must be submitted in accordance with The Famous 4th Street Cookie Company’s recipe guidelines. Recipes must use:
- All-natural ingredients, flavorings, and/or colors
- King Arthur Flour Company flours
- Hershey Company chocolate products, drops and/or cocoas (if using chocolate products)
Icings and elaborate decorations are not allowed. Cookies should measure approximately 2.5 oz in weight or 3 inches in diameter. Cut-out cookies will not be permitted.
- One Grand Prize Winner: $500 Reading Terminal Market Gift Card and Winning Cookie will serve as the inspiration for a New Cookie of the Year for 2022, availability and release schedule to be determined.
- Two Runner Up Prizes (one each): $100 Reading Terminal Market Gift Card
- All Three Famous Finalists to receive a basket of goodies provided by participating brands at the Reading Terminal Market
- All Semi-Finalists to receive a Famous 4th Street Cookie Company T-shirt
*Must be submitted via the form below or submitted to The Famous 4th Street Cookie Company booth located at the Reading Terminal Market, 51 North 12th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107.